Key features of WebViews are:
- A powerful underlying model, which allows the expression of complex view patterns without resorting to primitive code. Examples include tabbed views, sortable list views with different categories, and search fields with autocompletion.
- Support for sessions and user authentication.
- Because WebViews does not rely on cookies, several WebViews apps can exist simultaneously in the same browser. These apps can either share a single session or each can have its own.
- The web-server is incremental, hence an update in a small part of the page (e.g. editing a comment in a blog) will not reload the entire page, but only the modified parts.
- Navigation paths are encoded in the url using hash parameters. This means you can use the browser's Back and Forward buttons to navigate within a web application (without reloading the entire page,) as well as make bookmarks.
You can click on the images below to see WebViews in action.